MIM Finance Company Limited (t/a Money in Minutes or MIM) is a UK originated FinTech start-up in the process of launching its exciting products in Nigeria.
MIM’s aim is to provide straightforward and instant finance to consumers in a bid to help solve the current access to finance problems in Africa. MIM’s products would also make it possible for low and middle-class earners to acquire white goods and solar energy generating equipment in a bid to resolving the electricity challenge engulfing the continent.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer with a strong track record in delivering quality result in a highly complex financial business environment.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which includes gathering and analysing user/business system requirements, creating application system models for web and mobile, participating in design meetings, consulting with stakeholders to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interacting with third party partners in achieving business and technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages. The successful candidates is expected to be a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills, and are able to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models in the fintech space
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Has mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Software Developer/ Engineer or similar role
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Deep understanding of distributed data model
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
Essential attributes and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework).
- Experience working with queues
- You are passionate about creating modern looking and easy to use mobile/web applications.
- You are an organized individual who has attention to detail.
- You are an excellent communicator, fluent in English, both written and oral.
- You possess well developed analytical and problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
Click HERE to apply
Application closes on May 7th, 2021 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted