MIM Finance Company Limited (t/a Money in Minutes or MIM) is a UK originated FinTech start-up in the process of launching its exciting products in Nigeria.
MIM’s aim is to provide straightforward and instant finance to consumers in a bid to help solve the current access to finance problems in Africa. MIM’s products would also make it possible for low and middle-class earners to acquire white goods and solar energy generating equipment in a bid to resolving the electricity challenge engulfing the continent.
The company has a small, highly skilled team and support will be given but the successful candidate is expected to be a proactive as well as a self-starter. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career further in Finance. You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success. This role will be integral to and will include all aspects of the business process.
Further to this, the role requires an excellent understanding of written English and the ability to adapt to different instructions given. You will need to be enthusiastic and willing to learn, with a level of adaptability to many different scenarios that may occur.
- To perform accurately and promptly full bank receipts reconciliation, dealing with all queries promptly to ensure each month is closed off as soon as possible.
- Assisting with payroll preparation, where necessary
- To ensure that all end of month close procedures are actioned and adhered to
- Nominal Accounts reconciliations
- Liaising with various team members across the business to resolve queries.
- Being able to accurately and frequently process payments and chargebacks, as necessary.
- Assisting in producing data to assist the management of the business.
- Being available to all other business areas to lend assistance and guidance as needed.
- To advise FD and CFO on local and National tax rules and any amendments
- General administrative duties: post-inbound etc
- Ordering stationery and other office supplies
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks.
Attributes and experience:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multitask, organise and prioritise tasks according to current business objectives.
- A good knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office + other corporate software
- Great attention to detail
- Confident decision maker, who works well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take ownership and problem solve.
- Previous experience in reconciliation is desired.
- Previous experience working in accountancy roles is desired.
- Good accountancy knowledge, a suitable qualification to evidence this
Click HERE to apply
Application closes on Feb 28th, 2021 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted