MIM Finance Company Limited (t/a Money in Minutes or MIM) is a UK originated FinTech start-up in the process of launching its exciting products in Nigeria.
MIM’s aim is to provide straightforward and instant finance to consumers in a bid to help solve the current access to finance problems in Africa. MIM’s products would also make it possible for low and middle-class earners to acquire white goods and solar energy generating equipment in a bid to resolving the electricity challenge engulfing the continent.
For this role, we’re looking for a critical member of the MIM Marketing team which encompasses communications and growth, and is responsible for designing and refining the MIM narrative, generating the content that conveys the narrative, and analysing the effectiveness.
In the role you will work very closely with the Head of Marketing. You’re perfect for this role if you are a clear and effusive communicator, both on the page and amongst your colleagues. You can shift quickly from strategy to execution and back. You excel on small teams. You empathize with your readers, and you’re driven to serve them. You will be responsible but not limited to the following tasks.
- Develop messaging to increase awareness, market share and branding inline with marketing communication plan.
- Develop online awareness and relationship building strategy, including email campaigns and landing pages/microsites, data gathering/analysis, design/messaging, etc.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization.
- Provide and implement SEO analysis recommendations across all digital as-sets.
- Ownership of social media platforms.
- Community management and engagement.
- Writing: Using words precisely — and in the right quantity — to convey ideas in a way that makes people want to read them, across integrated marketing communications.
- Editing: Taking other peoples’ words and making them more precise and engaging.
- Narrative design: Figuring out what stories and ideas our audience needs to hear.
- Content strategy: Figuring out how to effectively tell our stories with content.
- Production: Working with design and development to turn words into a finished product.
- Research: Analysing tones in user communication & feedback, going down into researching new topics and coming out an expert, armed with stats and quotes.
- Analysis: Turning data into useful insights, and presenting those in-sights to your audience or team.
Essential attributes and experience:
- Proven experience and visible results as a Content & Social media Strategist.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and tools.
- Experienced in brand storytelling and can keep work aligned with the intended voice, to the intended audience on multiple projects.
- You love your craft and you know what works.
- You write flawless, persuasive words for different platforms and different audiences. You’re not afraid to learn, learn and learn.
- You kick ass and have a lot of heart.
Click HERE to apply
Application closes on Mar 31st, 2021 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted